Having Trouble Paying Rent? This Nonprofit Can Help.

One in five New York City residents lives in poverty, and the coronavirus pandemic has exacerbated the difficult situations of so many New Yorkers. 

If you’re experiencing financial hardship, having trouble paying rent or dealing with other urgent housing needs, The Partnership for the Homeless may be able to help. For New Yorkers facing immediate housing emergencies or need help leaving an abusive living situation, the organization provides a wide range of support services regardless of your employment or immigration status, includingfinancial assistance, tenant/landlord mediation and/or legal referrals” to those in need. 

You can apply for assistance by filling out this form. To process your application, The Partnership requires you to submit “supporting paperwork that shows who you are, where you live, what you owe and your income.” Your application will be processed more quickly if you can upload all of the required documents (government-issued ID, proof of residence, etc.) when submitting online. If you don’t have all the necessary documents at the ready, complete as much of the application as you can. Someone from The Partnership will reach out to provide guidance and collect the missing paperwork.

You can also contact The Partnership directly by phone 212.645.3444 or by email info@pfth.org if you have any questions or need help with the application.

photo: iStock