Run or walk in commemoration of the nearly 3,000 lives lost on September 11. This April 26, the 9/11 Memorial & Museum is hosting the eighth annual 5K Run/Walk and Community Day.
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect:
- The route begins at 8a and ventures through Lower Manhattan
- Participants will pass by One World Trade Center and the Statue of Liberty
- The race ends at the 9/11 Memorial
- Following the run, participants as well as the general public are invited to Community Day, a free event with activities for all
Interested? Here’s how to participate:
- Anyone can take part in the race, with prices varying for adults, students, children, first responders and veterans
- Anyone can fundraise. The 9/11 Memorial & Museum encourages a minimum donation of $25, but no amount is required. After signing up, participants will be invited to create their own fundraising page
- Want to run with your coworkers? Corporate teams comprised of at least five employees will receive access to exclusive benefits
Any other questions before you tie your laces on April 26? Email email@example.com.
photo: Jin S. Lee