Hello, Lower Manhattan! It’s that time of year again! The autumn breeze is here and it’s time to officially usher it in by giving away the 4,000 geraniums that have been calling Bowling Green Park home. You can come help out or just take a flower or two to add some color to your work space. Me personally, I’ll grab one for every corner of my cubicle; it’s looking a little drab in here. Whatever your reason, appeal to the green in you and come revel in the outdoors before it gets too cold—on Wednesday, October 12 from 10 AM to 12PM in Bowling Green Park.
If you’re still wondering why you should adopt a geranium this Wednesday, here are the top 10 reasons to bring one of these red beauties home, according to Downtown Alliance staff:
10. Adopting a puppy is too much responsibility.
9. Red is in this season.
8. Geraniums improve the air quality.
7. Geraniums add life to your cubicle.
6. Taking care of a geranium will help you be more Zen.
5. We accidentally dropped our baby-egg in third grade so we need to make up for it.
4. Geraniums are nicer than pet rocks.
3. Geraniums don’t need to be changed or bathed.
2. Taking care of a geranium demonstrates your sensitive side.
1. Last year’s geranium is lonely!
For more information visit, Adopt-A-Geranium Day | Downtown Alliance – Lower Manhattan For inquiries, please contact ContactUs@DowntownNY.com or (212) 566-6700.